VESA ( Video Electronics Standards Association) has released a new specification – the DisplayPort 2.0 in 2019. This newer version provides great features. This is the upgraded version of the previous DisplayPort 1.4. This DisplayPort 2.0 is much better than the 1.4.
Let’s see the difference in their features. The Differences between these two cables are given in the format of their specifications. Let’s go through them and know each spec of the cables and judge which one is better. But let’s first find out what DisplayPorts are.
- 1 DisplayPort
- 2 DisplayPort 1.4
- 3 DisplayPort 2.0
- 4 Are the specifications of DisplayPort 2.0 up to level?
A cable that is developed by a consortium of PCs that is used as the cable for a computer is known as DisplayPort. It’s a digital display interface. It is developed by VESA. It supports high resolution with several connector pins.
DisplayPort 1.4 was launched in 2016. This DisplayPort has many benefits. It has many outstanding features, which are mentioned below –
- 🎮【VESA Certified DP Cable 1.4】This 8K DisplayPort Cable 1.4 is officially certified by VESA Association. iVANKY DP 1.4 Cable supports high resolutions 8K(7680x4320)@60Hz, 5K(5120x2880)@60Hz, [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected] and Dynamic HDR and HDCP 2.2. Backwards compatible with DisplayPort 1.3/1.2/1.1, etc.
- 🎮【Enhanced Gaming Experience】The Displayport 1.4 Cable can provide higher bandwidth, HBR3 supports 32.4 Gbps of bandwidth, Display Stream Compression 1.2(DSC). High refresh rate and high resolution, Maximize the performance of your graphics card and monitor, to allows you clearly perceive the movement of enemy, No motion blur, screen tearing or flickering. Dynamic HDR can optimize the game's dark picture and enhance the details, especially in FPS and 3A masterpieces.
- 🎮【Anti-Interference+Ultra Durability】Our Display Port cable 1.4 is made of exclusive Silver-plated Wire, Compared with tinned copper, it can provide more stable signal transmission and preserves signal purity. Nylon Braided and 24K Gold Plated connectors, stable heat dissipation while extending product life. Latch-free design to avoid damaging your equipment when pulling out monitors and graphics cards.
- 🎮【Wide Compatibility】This DisplayPort to DisplayPort cable 1.4 directly be connected from DisplayPort-equipped desktop/laptop to monitor. Compatible with Odyssey G7 G9 CHG90 CRG9, Ben Q, Dell, HP, Acer, iiyama, Alienware monitors and others. Supports DP, DP++, and DisplayPort++. Suitable for Graphics cards and monitors with Displayport ports (Do not use extensions or adapters, signal conversion will reduce the performance).
- 🎁【iVANKY's Customer Support】Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions or concerns.
The DisplayPort has a resolution of 8K, DSC 1.2 (Display Stream Compression), and HDR (High Dynamic Range). It can support a resolution of 8K in 60Hz and 4K in 120Hz frequencies. This produces enhanced resolution.
DisplayPort 1.4 supports a bandwidth of 32. 4Gbps maximum.
This DisplayPort 1.4 transmits 8.1Gbps over 4 lanes. The maximum bit rate is 4Gbps.
DisplayPort is the first port that has the DSC 1.2 version. This version supports 4:2:0 and 4:2:2 codes. This doesn’t allow the pixels to be converted into RGB. This enhances the resolution by having compressed pixels. 16 bits per colour is supported by Version 1.2. This gives us in-depth content.
DisplayPort 1.4 can be built over a USB type – C port due to the presence of a video transport compression system. This super-speed USB allows high-resolution videos. Moreover, HDR and 8K are provided over DP cable or USB Type C. This is done through DisplayPort Alt mode.
Forward error correction is also an important feature of DisplayPort 1.4. This doesn’t allow any errors to occur in the videos during transport. This also allows power saving.
Highlighted Features of DisplayPort 1.4
- HDR meta transport is a noticeable feature of DisplayPort 1.4.
- Expanded audio transport over 32 channels and 1536Hz sample rates are important features of DisplayPort 1.4.
This was all about the specifications of DisplayPort 1.4. It provides us with its best specs that attract users.
When the DisplayPort 1.4 was in demand in the market, the company introduced the DisplayPort 2.0 with more specifications and advantages. DisplayPort 2.0 fulfils the expectations of the people. Let’s see some specs of this DisplayPort.
- 【80Gbps Ultra High Speed】DisplayPort (DP) 2.0 features a new bandwidth at 80Gbps max, nearly 3 times what was available in the previous DP 1.4 spec.Stable and High-speed transmission without signal loss,Dynamic HDR 4:4:4 color format
- 【Professional Fever Level 16K Resolution】Ultra HD 16K(15360*8640)@60Hz for Single Display Resolutions, No compression, 3D Visual Experience, higher refresh rates, ideal for Large-scale games and Ultra HD video streaming
- 【Broad Compatibility】DP 2.0 Version backwards compatible with DP1.4,1.2 etc, supports flawless audio pass-thru for uncompressed digital audio channels at 7.1, 5.1
- 【Plug and Play】Durable and long lasting DP cable, Aluminum shell gold-plated DP connector, protecting against friction, Connecting without direction
- 【After Sales Service】18 Months Worry free Product warranty, 24/7 email for Customer Service Support
According to the statements of VESA, this DisplayPort 2.0 is the first DisplayPort that can support 8K resolution at a refresh rate of 60Hz.
The DP 2.0 can triple its bandwidth maximum up to 80Gbps.
Over the 4lanes, DisplayPort 2.0 has introduced three different bit rates of resolutions, each of them – 10Gbps,13. 5Gbps and 20Gbps. In this DisplayPort, VESA tried to introduce passive cables which support UBHR 10 (UBHR – Ultra High Bit Rate). This delivers a bit rate of 40Gbps.
It also has a full-colour resolution of 4:4:4. For HDR-10, it also provides 30 bits per pixel.
DisplayPort 2.0 is provided with a Type – C connector which gives a better experience. SuperSpeed USB and high-resolution videos can be operated simultaneously due to wider bandwidth.
The Power Savings
Panel Replay Feature also gets important in DP 2.0. This allows power saving in small operating machines or PCs with higher resolution.
According to VESA, the DisplayPort 2.0 has the following resolution features:
Single display resolution
- 16K display at 60Hz and 30bpp 4:4:4 HDR (and DSC)
- 10K display at 60Hz and 24bpp 4:4:4. (without compression)
Dual Display Resolution
- Two 8K displays at the rate of 120Hz and 30bpp 4:4:4 HDR (with DSC)
- Two 4K displays at the rate of 144Hz and 24bpp 4:4:4(without compression)
Triple Display Resolution
- Three 10K displays at the rate of 60Hz and 30bpp 4:4:4 HDR (with DSC)
- Three 4K displays at the rate of 90Hz and 30bpp 4:4:4 HDR(without compression)
Are the specifications of DisplayPort 2.0 up to level?
- DisplayPort 2.0 is the only cable that meets all the requirements of the people. It has complete quality control over the cables.
- Advanced cable tester V2 supports a variety of cables including HDMI and DisplayPort. This tester can even test DisplayPort 2.0. It can be used to test the standard level and quality of the cable. This tester tests the pins that are to test the continuity (openings or shorts). With Cable Tester V2 you can quickly and thoroughly check the cables. This device is designed to fit factory and line settings.
- This device enables us to know the level of each cable.
These were some of the differences between the features of the two DisplayPorts – DisplayPort 1.4 and DisplayPort 2.0. Both of them have their own specs. But the newly launched DisplayPort 2.0 has more advanced features than the DisplayPort 1.4.